Thursday, October 11, 2007

Southwest Airlines

Last class we discussed the Southwest Airlines case. I think this case is opening up a can of worms. I kind of feel that southwest needs to be really prepared to take on this kind of dress code stuff. Southwest is known for being a cheap airline. I think it bothers me that they are installing this new rule and it has not really been broadcasted. There is no rule about dress codes on planes. Southwest use to wear really short mini shirts, so the whole idea of changing their image to a family airlines might should have been broadcasted. I think they will lose some customers over this petty dress code stuff, but they are the cheapest airfare so who knows. It will be interesting to see what works out with it.
The apology that their president gave was rediculous I thought. I saw it on the news the night they sent it. It seemed to be a joke. It was almost making fun of the incident(which they made a big deal) and it was rude. It also took them a long time to get out. I thought southwest was a good airline, but they've kind of made me question that.

No comments: