Thursday, December 6, 2007

Diversity

The links posted on the class blog, give good examples of diversity within real companies. The PRSA diversity tool kit, was awesome. I could definately see it being very useful in the future in different careers. I'm not in my career field yet, but after looking at how some companies handle diversity it is really important to get into the right job, and see how they handle diversity. If a company takes diversity importantly, than overall the company is probably going to be good. If the company doesn't take it seriously than the company is going to be shallow and filled with all people of the same ideas, which could limit the company in many ways. I like how Booz Allen Hamilton's company breaks diversity down in MANY ways. Which is great. Also I like how they put this up on the web, so people know how this company works before you even look at them. It's important to look for places who are well diversified.

No comments: